Please excuse the "unfinished look."
This brief resume was composed in 2004 for our old website and will be revised soon. It is here to provide basic information until we can complete our web update. Time references are as of 2004.
About Tom Croke:
• Comes to you with 37 years of professional experience working to improve the quality of life for children and young adults. These positions have involved education, therapeutic intervention, spiritual growth, and facilitation of referral and placement processes.
• Brings to you the knowledge from visiting and evaluating over 400 traditional and special needs schools and facilities that provide educational and therapeutic services for children and young adults (within the last 15 years).
• Has been a parent for 36 years, including raising and subsequently adopting a foster child who presented very special challenges.
• Conducted in-service training sessions for many schools, programs, and treatment centers including the following: Grier School (PA), Coronado Academy (Costa Rica), New Dominion (MD), Shalom et Benedictus (VA), Heritage Schools (UT)
• Evaluated Grand River Academy (boarding school) which culminated in a comprehensive report that the headmaster termed more thorough than one from an accrediting agency
• Owned and published BRIDGE TO UNDERSTANDING and BRIDGE TO UNDERSTANDING ONLINE - Established in 1997 to provide information and assistance to professionals and parents dealing with children and young adults who have behavioral, emotional, psychological, or substance abuse problems.
• LCSW (Licensed Certified Social Worker) in Massachusetts, License
No. 201339, honorably resigned license October 1998
Wayne State University, Detroit, MI - three years of post-graduate
study in philosophy and mathematics
IECA (The Independent Educational Consultants Association)
PROFESSIONAL AND/OR PRIOR CLIENT REFERENCES AVAILABLE UPON REQUEST
Last revised 8-10-08 / minor edits up to 10/12/09
"Solutions, Not Just Referrals"
For information regarding use of content of this website, click here